Eat & drink your way through Barcelona’s exciting food and wine scene. Get to know Spain’s local grapes varieties and pair our outstanding wines with traditional tapas dishes! A food and wine tour designed in…
Porto Food & Wine Tour with a Sommelier
- People (All Ages)
Discover Western Europe’s last unexplored wine frontier!
The best way to understand the culture of a country is to dive deep into its food and wine heritage. In Portugal, you will find hundreds of little-known grape varieties that grow nowhere else in the world. On this exciting food and wine tour, you can sample Portugal’s wide variety of wines at the hands of a professional sommelier while tasting its amazing food.
Explore the heart of Porto’s city center on this local walking food & wine tour. Meet your guide, a professional sommelier that will show you the beauty of the city and the secrets of its food and wines. Walkthrough Porto’s beautiful cobbled streets dating back to Roman times while tasting local wines and regional specialties!
- 3-hour food & wine tasting tour of Porto.
- Enjoy different tasters, including regional dishes paired in harmony with 6 Portuguese wines
- Get the inside scoop on Porto’s food and wine scene from a professional Sommelier.
- A small-group tour limited to 6 people ensuring a personalized experience.
- Upgrade your experience to a private one for only 20€ per person.
- Local COVID-19 safety measures compliance throughout the whole tour.
Our food and wine journey start with one of Northern Portugal’s most famous dishes, the Bifana, a small sandwich consisting of a light and crusty bread roll filled with sautéed strips of pork which have been seasoned with garlic and marinated with a closely guarded recipe of spices for hours. To pair this flavorful dish we have chosen a fresh and crisp white wine from one of Portugal’s most distinctive wine regions, Vinho Verde.
Entering our second stop, we find ourselves in a traditional wine bodega surrounded by hundreds of different Portuguese wine bottles. Here we will taste an indigenous Douro Valley variety called Viosinho, a full-bodied but fresh, fragrant, well-balanced red wine perfectly paired with a charcuterie board of locally sourced cheeses and cured meats.
Our third stop is known for its Alheira dish, a savory pork sausage made with meat, bread, and spices. Our wine pairing here will consist of a powerful full-bodied red from one of Portugal’s most famous wine regions, the Dão.
Continuing to our fourth stop, you will find yourself in a typical family-style restaurant, known for its traditional Portuguese dishes. Here we’ll sample perfectly made Pataniscas de bacalhau, codfish fritters made with eggs battered flour, parsley, onions, and salt. We will pair it with a fresh and invigorating Alvarinho, a northern Portuguese white grape that is irresistibly aromatic with hints of lemon zest twined with pear and white peach fruit.
As we continue with our tastings you will understand why we love Portuguese wines so much. Relax and enjoy yourself in a beautiful modern tasting room where your personal sommelier will pick two outstanding wines for you to sample from Portugal’s up and coming wine regions.
Our amazing wine and food journey wouldn’t be complete without trying some of Porto’s world-renowned Port wines. Admire Porto’s lively Ribeira district, and learn all about the uniqueness, complexity, and different characteristics of Port wines!
- A full meal consisting of various seasonal Portuguese dishes.
- 6 different glasses of Portuguese wines.
- Professional Sommelier to guide you in a culinary journey of food & wines.
- 3 hours of food & wine pairings through 4 different local restaurants.
- A small-group tour limited to 6 people ensures a personalized experience.
- Hotel pick-up or transfer
- Tips (optional)
- The minimum drinking age is 18 years, non-alcoholic beverage options available.
- If you have any food allergies or dietary restrictions, please let us know when booking.
- Unfortunately, we can not accommodate vegetarians or gluten-free diets.
- We meet all travelers at a starting point
Tour meets at the following address: Praça de Carlos Alberto, 4050-158 Porto, Portugal
As frequent travelers, we know that a lot of unforeseen events could happen before your trip. To give you flexibility and better peace of mind, we offer full refunds at any time before the tour for any reason.