Eat & drink your way through Barcelona’s exciting food and wine scene. Get to know Spain’s local grapes varieties and pair our outstanding wines with traditional tapas dishes! A food and wine tour designed in…
- People (All Ages)
Discover Western Europe’s last unexplored wine frontier!
The best way to understand the culture of a country is to dive deep into its food and wine heritage. In Portugal, you will find hundreds of little-known grape varietals that grow nowhere else in the world. On this exciting food and wine tour, you can drink Portugal’s wide variety of wines at the hands of a professional sommelier while also pairing it with its amazing food!
Explore the heart of Porto on this local walking food & wine tour. Meet your guide, a professional sommelier that will show you the beauty of the city and the best spots for food and wines. Walkthrough Porto’s beautiful cobbled streets dating back to Roman times while tasting local wines and regional specialties!
- 3-hour food & wine tasting tour of Porto.
- Enjoy different regional dishes paired in harmony with 6 Portuguese wines.
- Get the inside scoop on Porto’s food and wine scene from a professional sommelier.
- A small-group tour limited to 6 people ensures a personalized experience.
Our food and wine journey starts with one of Northern Portugal’s most famous dishes, the Bifana, a small sandwich consisting of a light and crusty bread roll filled with sautéed strips of pork which have been seasoned with garlic and marinated with a closely guarded recipe of spices for hours. To pair this flavorful dish we have chosen a fresh and effervescent white wine from Portugal’s most distinctive wine region, Vinho Verde.
Entering our second stop, we find ourselves in a traditional wine bodega surrounded by hundreds of Portuguese wines. Here we will taste an indigenous Douro Valley variety called Viosinho, a full-bodied but fresh, fragrant, well-balanced wine perfectly paired with a charcuterie board of locally sourced cheeses and cured meats.
Our third stop is another great local spot, known for its Alheira dish, a flavorful sausage made with meat, bread, and spices. Our wine pairing here will consist of a powerful full-bodied red from one of Portugal’s most important wine regions, the Dão.
Continuing to our fourth stop, you will find yourself a typical family-style restaurant, known for its traditional Portuguese dishes. Here we’ll sample perfectly made Pataniscas de bacalhau, codfish fritters made with eggs battered flour, parsley, onions, and salt. We will pair it with a fresh and invigorating Alvarinho, a northern Portuguese grape that is irresistibly aromatic with hints of lemon zest twined with pear and white peach fruit.
As soon as we enter our next stop, you will understand why we love Portuguese wines so much. A beautiful modern tasting room where your personal sommelier will pick two outstanding wines for you to sample from some of Portugal’s best wine regions.
Our amazing culinary journey wouldn’t be complete without trying some of Porto’s world-renowned Port wines. Step back in time inside this century-old bodega, which sits next to Porto’s lively Ribeira district, and learn all about the uniqueness, complexity, and different features of Port wines!
- Full Meal consisting of various seasonal Portuguese dishes.
- Alcoholic Beverages: 6 different glasses of Portuguese wines.
- Professional sommelier to guide you in a culinary journey of food & wines.
- 3 hours of food & wine pairings through different local restaurants.
- A Small-group tour limited to 6 people ensures a personalized experience.
- Hotel pick-up or transfer
- Tips (optional)
- The minimum drinking age is 18 years, non-alcoholic beverage options available.
- If you have any food allergies or dietary restrictions, please let us know when booking.
- Unfortunately, we can not accommodate vegetarians or gluten-free diets.
- We meet all travelers at a starting point
Tour meets at the following address: Praça de Carlos Alberto, 4050-158 Porto, Portugal
As frequent travelers, we know that a lot of unforeseen events could happen before your trip. To give you flexibility and better peace of mind, we offer full refunds at any time before the tour for any reason.